In 2016 we were asked to make a film about Viewforth School by the rector Adrian Watt, as he wanted a record of Viewforth School illustrating it’s progress over 108 years. The school was closing in Loughborough Road and moving to the Windmill Campus. We were given access to the school archives and David Dickson wrote the story on which the film is based.
Viewforth Public School opened on 21st September 1908 with 176 boys and 194 girls on the roll. The first Headteacher was Mr Gregor McGregor, with Mr Donald Mackay as his depute. The film has many photographs and documents covering the schools history and Rector Adrian Watt narrates the story of Viewforth over the years, with Miss Edith Forrester covering the period when she was appointed Lady Advisor and Assistant Head from 1968 to 1988.
The film also contains footage of the original school building and the new site in Windmill Road, plus the last Prizegiving ceremony in Loughborough Road.
Drone footage of the Windmill Campus, kindly provided by Property Services, Fife Council.
This product was added to our catalog on Saturday 02 February, 2019.